Nutletts

Tina said

>I tried the Dixie Diner Nutlettes, and I hate them! I think anyone who
>likes grapenuts would probably like them, but I have always hated
>grapenuts too.  Can you offer any suggestions about how I could use them
>up without tasting them too much? Help will be appreciated.

I mix Nutletts with an equal amount of rolled oats, soy milk powder, & cinnamon.  i.e. 1/4 cup nutletts, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 2 Tbsp soymilk powder, sprinkle of cinnamon & maybe some raisins.  Stir all dry ingredients then add a cup of water and microwave 5 min on 50% power.  If you use regular milk or liquid milk substitute, stir all dry ingredients first.  I sometimes add wheat germ and this is good too.

I LOVE grapenuts, but found that the nutlett, when eaten like a cold cereal, are very grainy and I didn't really  like them at all.  They taste much better when mixed with a hot cereal. I just used up my container and I don't think I will be buying them again, although I do like them as prepared above, I like plain oatmeal just as well.

Tonya