Itchy Hands and Scalp

Replay to Jan Bennicoff on whether a fatfree diet can cause itchy hands
and scalp:

Last winter, after following a fatfree vegetarian diet for about six
months,
I developed a scaly, itchy rash on the backs of my hands and between my
fingers.
I had sometimes had dry skin problems in the winter before, but never
this bad.

The problem went away when I introduced some olive oil and nuts to my
diet.
Of course, one needs to be careful not to overdo the fats.  I guess that
this
isn't a problem with flax seed capsules.  It would be nice to know if
they
help cure the problem, and if so, what quantities one needs to take.
Also,
flax seed oil is pretty expensive around here.
--
Steve Ellis
Middletown, NJ