Soy & rice milks - Canadian woes

and WKK wrote:
>Lastly, for my fellow Canadians looking for soy and rice milk, I
>have seen them available in quite a few of the smaller HFSs in Kitchener,
>Huntsville and Toronto, Ontario. Larger grocery stores do not seem
>interested in carrying them (or they are just conforming to government
>regulation).

        My problem isn't so much with having soy and rice milks available,
but with their variety (none) and taste (from flavourless to flat-out
nasty).  Never mind fat content - that just makes everything complicated as
well as depressing.
        Everyone seems happy with their Dixie products... I just filled out
their catalogue request form and am looking forward to browsing.  That being
said, once I average in the exchange rate and extra S&H, catalogue shopping
from U.S. sources can be *really* expensive for a Canuck.
        What we need is *good*, low fat soy and rice milks (and powders, so
that we can make double-strengths for cream, etc.) avauilable to us in
Canada.  Or through mail order, without the exchange/S&H dilemma.
        And while we're at it, I'll add a pitiful plea for unpasteurized
white miso, decent and varied analogues, good tempeh & seitan, and the
various amazing ethnic finds that have been described on this list.

Jacqueline