Choppin' onions

The goggles sound great, but I cheat, I minimize the aromatic elements
by carefully slicing the onion one way, turning it around as though I'm
going to julienne, then dice.

All fairly slowly so the juices don't have a chance to escape the onion.

I cheat one other way...remember the old chopping thingies that you put
an onion into and push up and down 'til the onion is the way you want
it?

For larger jobs when I need a LOT of onions for caramelizing, I run it
through a rotary slicer.

When I forget they're cooking and they burn, THEN I cry.

Bev