Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

     I make whole wheat pizza crust in my bread machine - it could be done by
hand just as easily.  I always make two crusts - one to cook and one to freeze.
I use whole wheat bread flour, yeast, water and salt.  I do add Italian
seasoning that I make myself - recipe below.  This seasoning is so wonderful
that I can't imagine a pizza crust without it.  We also add some FF parmesan for
additional flavor - although I could see adding a small amount (1 tsp or less)
of any very strong cheese.  I always bake my crusts at a 300 degrees F until
done all the way through, then I put toppings on and rebake at higher temp.
     The other thing that I use for pizza crust when I am in a big hurry is
whole wheat pita bread.  You have to be careful and find a good flat pita that
isn't too thick, but it works great.
     We usually add roasted vegetables to the top of these crusts.  Sometimes I
can get blue or purple potatoes, or I use sweet potatoes, red pepper, zucchini,
onions, mushrooms, eggplant, or whatever else I have in the fridge and toss with
minced garlic and balsamic vinegar.  Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes.  When the
pizza comes out, we use FF honey mustard dressing on top.  I make my own - much
better than the store bought kind.  This is one of our favorite meals.
     The roasted vegetables also go well in whole wheat sub rolls.

A Little italian from Dean Ornish's Eat More Weigh Less

2 TBSP each
dried basil
dried marjoram
dried oregano
ground coriander
dried thyme
dried rosemary
dried savory
1 tsp hot red pepper flakes

He says grind in food processor - I use my little coffee grinder.  Store in a
tightly sealed container.  He says keeps well up to 3 months.  I make bigger
batches and it keeps well for up to 6 months.  I give this as a Christmas
present to lots of folks every year - and get rave reviews.

Marjorie