Shapeup Pasta Salad

I made this recipe really fast by using whatever pasta we had in the house
and using a frozen mixture of vegetables instead of fresh.  Then I put it
in a ziplock bag and tossed it into the cooler for a car trip.  It was a
great accompaniment to sandwiches made with fatfree refried beans,
tomatoes, and onions.

Kathleen

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Shapeup Pasta Salad

Recipe By     : shapeup web site 8/97
Categories    : Salads, Main Dish                Pasta, Couscous, etc.

   4      ounces        rotini (corkscrew) pasta
     1/2  cup           broccoli -- small florets
     1/2  cup           zucchini -- cut into small dice
     1/2  cup           red pepper -- cut into small dice
     1/2  cup           green pepper -- cut into small dice
     1/2  cup           carrots -- cut into small dice
          small         red onion -- peeled and chopped
   3      tablespoons   fat-free Parmesan cheese -- grated
   3      tablespoons   parsley -- finely chopped
     1/2  teaspoon      dried oregano
     1/2  cup           fat-free Italian salad dressing
                        salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

1. Cook pasta until al dente in plenty of boiling salted water. Drain and
place in a large bowl.
2. Cook broccoli in plenty of boiling salted water until crisp-tender,
about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, shock to stop cooking, and
set aside. Repeat with zucchini, peppers and carrots.
3. Add vegetables to pasta along with provolone and parmesan cheeses,
parsley, olives, oregano and dressing. Toss well and adjust seasoning with
salt and pepper to taste.

Original called for 1 ounce of provolone cheese cut into small cubes and 3
tablespoons of pitted sliced black olives.
http://www2.shapeup.org/sua/index.html

Nutr. Assoc. : 4785 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx