Eggplant & Pepper Buns

When I roast peppers and eggplants I always try to do a big batch because
they are so yummy!  These filled buns modeled on chinese steamed buns are
great to take on a picnic, or to work for lunch.  I usually make these when
I am baking bread and have dough on hand. :)  Both white and wholemeal work
well.  They are also really good filled with leftovers, something like last
nights thick bean curry makes FF samosas!  Asian flavorings also work
really well.  However, don't use anything too soggy.

Eggplant & Pepper Filled Buns
3 cups bread dough, risen once (equals about 1 loaf)
1 red pepper (capsicum) roasted, chopped
1 small eggplant (aubergine) roasted, chopped
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp nonfat parmesan cheese (optional)
1 egg white (optional)

Preheat oven 350 F. Chop the veggies into 1 cm cubes, drain if needed, mix
in garlic, parsley and NF cheese.  Make sure the bread dough has risen to
the finger dent stage, then kneed it well (5 minutes).  Divide the dough
into 12 bits (slightly smaller than a tennis ball).  Take 1 blob and
flatten it into a 5 inch circle (don't make it too thin or it will burst).
Put 1 table spoon of filling onto the centre of the circle and fold the
dough up and into a sack shape.  Seal the bottom by squeezing gently.  Put
sealed side down onto a nonstick baking tray (sprinkled with flour if
necessary).  Do the rest, making sure they are well sealed and dont have
thin patches.  Allow to rise 20-30 minutes so they don't crack when baked.
Brush tops with eggwhite.  Bake 25 -40 minutes till golden brown.  Caution
- don't eat when straight out of the oven -they can be very hot!