Latin Meal

Good day my.  A friend of mine is taking a Latin class and I would like to
surprise him by making a "Latin meal". We are semi-vegetarians.

I have no idea what I would like to make, just something encouraging and
reminicient of ancient times. I have Jeff Smith's "The Frugal Gourmet Cooks
3 Ancient Cuisines-China, Greece and Rome". Most recipes focus on Greece
and China. Does anyone have any ideas what I could make for this meal?

thanks.  Susan Scatena
VlogLady@xxxxxxxxx