Lentil/Rice Curry Dish

Here's what I whipped up the other day for lunch, and it was delicious so
I thought I'd share...

1 cup lentils
1 cup brown rice
1 head broccoli
1 carrot
1 roma/plum tomato
1 apple
Raisins
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ginger

I used a recently-acquired steamer, but I'm sure you can adapt the
following directions.

Put the rice in the rice-bowl in the steamer with 1 1/4 cups of water (or
whatever the appropriate amount is for your steamer/pot).  Set the timer
for 60 minutes and begin steaming.  At 30 minutes remaining, add another
1 1/4 cups of water (or appropriate amount) and the lentils.  Stir in
ginger.  At around 12 minutes remaining, put the chopped broccoli and
carrot in the vegi-steaming section of the steamer.  At around 5 minutes
remaining, mixed the chopped up apple in with the rice and lentils.  When
it's all finished, dump it all in a big bowl and mix in the three spices
and some raisins.  Munch.