Re: FATFREE Digest V98 #92

In a message dated 98-04-03 06:23:03 EST, I wrote:

<< I've also used it in a garbanzo stew with carrots, onions, broth, tomatoes,
turmeric and some other stuff I can't remember right now.  It came from my
friend's crockpot instructions - make the stew and add the cooked bulghur at
the end (the recipe actually called for couscous - see what I mean?) >>

For anyone who was interested in that recipe, here it is -

Garbanzos and Couscous (or bulghur, as we've already established)

1 small onion, chopped                    3 cloves garlic, minced
3 carrots, chopped                           1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes         1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 15 oz can garbanzos, drained         1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric                       1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup chicken-flavored broth*              1 1/2 cups cooked couscous (or
bulghur)

Combine all ingredients except couscous (or bulghur) in the crock pot.  Mix
thoroughly.  Cover; cook on Low 8 to 10 hours or High 3 to 4 hours.  Add
cooked couscous or bulghur during the last 15 minutes of cooking.  6 to 8
servings.

*Original called for actual chicken broth, which accounts for the fat and some
sodium and calories in this nutrition analysis:  123 Calories, 5g protein, 1g
fat, 23g carb, 268mg sodium.  Oh, and I found an analysis demo that looks
pretty good, if anyone's interested.

And, since one good turn deserves another....I'm throwing my lot in with Kate
and admitting that I, too, missed and would like to see the fabulous Spinach
Dip (unless it has dairy in it, in which case my mind will go blank until I
scroll past it) <wink>