provencial stuffing - I hope

With apologies - my latest try at a "clean" submission:

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Provençale Stuffing with zucchini

Recipe By     : Dee Bell, modified by Pearl Teller
Categories    : Low Fat                          Stuffing
                Vegetable

     3/4  cup           onions -- chopped
   2      large         cloves garlic -- minced
   1      large         peeled tomato -- coarsely chopped
   2 1/2  tablespoons   chopped fresh parsley
   2      teaspoons     chopped fresh basil
   1 1/2  teaspoons     chopped fresh thyme
     1/2  teaspoon      salt
     1/4  teaspoon      black pepper
     3/4  cup           bread crumbs, seasoned
     1/4  cup           Parmesan cheese, -- grated
                        non-stick spray
1  12 oz pkg lite tofu - optional
2  1/2 inch slices of  gimmee lean, sausage flavored - optional
1  large zucchini, center removed, chopped and reserved.
Peel tomato and coarsely chop. Set aside.

Spray skillet with non-stick spray and heat to medium heat and sauté onion and
garlic for about 2 minutes. Stir in tomato, chopped zucchini from center of
squash, herbs and seasonings. Sauté for about 4 minutes or until wetness
evaporates. Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.

Stuff parboiled cabbage leaves, whole tomatoes that have had the pulp scooped
out, or zucchini or eggplant that have been half-baked. Top with more Parmesan
cheese and bake for 15 to 30 minutes depending on the size and quantity of the
stuffed vegetable.

Yields: 1 cup

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Tomatoes, garlic, herbs, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs for stuffing
a variety of vegetables.

After sauteeing for about 3 minutes, I  added 1 frozen, defrosted, shredded
package of light tofu mixed with 2 slices of Gimme Lean sausage flavor,
shredded.  I also added a little - maybe 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon sage.

I didn't bake:  I covered scooped out empty zucchini and tossed into microwave
until it started to cook - I looked to see it glisten, i.e. produce some drops
of liquid.   Then I stuffed, and threw into microwave and baked until the
zucchini barely gave in to a push of the finger - use a pot holder.  (I like
mine on the firmer side.)  You could use several small zucchini.  I cooked
left over stuffing in a small casserole dish