Fondue again

I found this recipe from the 1996 postings to this list.  Does anyone know
which Graham Kerr book this comes from?  What would you use for dippers in
this fondue?  Bread?  I'm still looking for more fondue ideas.

Kathleen
                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                                  Fondue

Recipe By     : Graham Kerr
Categories    : Main Dishes, Vegetarian          Vegetables

   1 1/2  pounds        sweet potatoes
   1      cup           white wine
   1      cup           stock
   1                    garlic clove
   2      ounces        strong cheddar
   1      tablespoon    cornstarch
   2      tablespoons   stock
                        lemon juice
                        salt and pepper

Bake 1.5 lb of sweet potatoes, scoop out the flesh and put it through a
ricer.  Heat a cup of white wine (reisling) with a cup of stock, and a
whole garlic clove.  Add the potatoes.  He added 2 ounces of grated strong
cheddar here, you could use soy cheese.  This was then thickened with 1
tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of stock.  Then either
push the mixture through a wide mesh sieve, or put in the food processer to
make a smooth creamy fondu.  Season with a tablespoon of lemon juice and
salt and pepper.

Posted to fatfree digest V96 #94 by Louise <lou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on
Apr 4, 1996, converted by MC_Buster.

schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx