Re: Collards

I just picked about two bunches of collards from my garden and made a Southern
style dish for my husband for his birthday. As I wanted to eat it too, I made
up this recipe so approximate the same dish. He even liked it, not as much as
the real thing, but I thought it was pretty good. so I though I'd share it.

Southern Style Collards

2 bunches collards, leaves stripped off and cut into strips
vegetable broth to cover
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1/3 cup Bac Uns (soy based small granules from Frontier Herbs)
2 teaspoons hickory flavored liquid smoke

Bring contents to a boil, cover, and lower heat. Cook f9or about 30-40 minutes
until collards are soft, but still have some bite to them.
Serves 4-6.
Jan Bennicoff