Pressure cookers

Hi guys

Thanks for all the great recipes I've got from you all ... YUM!  Please
don't forget to post your favorite summer recipes as well as of us are
just getting into summer :-)

I have two requests:

1) I've heard that pressure cookers allow you to cook beans in about
15-20mins.  My boyfriend is lending me an old pressure cooker and I am
wondering how to use it to cook beans ... help....  What else can you use
them for?

2) Any suggestions for a summer xmas meal for one that needs to be transported
to my families place on xmas day?  I will be able to use a microwave when I get
there and half an oven tray if I'm lucky.  Any suggestions welcomed (pref vegan
food please).

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

Have a happy and safe holiday period :-)

Phil :-)

Philippa Martin BE (HONS)
PhD Student,
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering,
University of Canterbury,
Private Bag 4800,
Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND.

Phone: wk. [64](3) 364-2987 extn 7034