Ginger

The ginger carrot soup recipe sounds fantastic. I'm a huge fan of ginger --
fresh, powdered from the spice section, candied...My husband doesn't care
for anything but fresh ginger. He says the powdered stuff tastes like lemon
furniture polish!

Anyway, I'd love to keep fresh ginger around for whenever I need it, but I
can't seem to figure out *how* to keep it. The last bit I bought was
unceremoniously placed in the refrigerator in a plastic bag and it molded
and rotted a little.
(I guess you can tell that I'm not a fan of the grocery store. I go once
every two weeks and try to keep food as best I can in between times.)

So...what's the advice on how to best store fresh ginger?

Beverly Brandt                        Director of Training

Tri-Tek Information Systems, Inc      St. Louis, MO
bevbrandt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx              bbrandt@xxxxxxxxxxx