"Instant Squash"

Very quick almost instant way to have winter squash.  Works well for
acorn, butternut or buttercup.  We had a bumper crop of squash this year
and this is what I do for one quickly.  I like to pop one in the microwave
for lunch.

"INSTANT" SQUASH
Barb Beck

1 acorn, butternut or similar squash
spices (see below)
salt

Poke a hole or two in the squash and microwave until soft all over. About
4 - 8 minutes depending on size of squash) Cut in half. (It is very easy
when cooked) Scoop out seeds, mash squash, season and serve.  Although I
tend to use lots of spices in things I only lightly use the chili, curry
and berberi mentioned below.  In this case just a subtle tast of them
works for me. Season with one of the following combination:

1. Molly McButter or salt  and Brown Sugar (husband's favorite)
2. Ethopian Berbere spice mix and salt and a few rasins or chopped
   apricots  (my favorite)
3. Your favorite curry mix, salt and a few rasins or chopped apricots.
4. Chilli powder and chopped sweet onions.
5. Salsa or Pico de Gallo
6. Pressed garlic and Molly McButter
7. Leftover chili beans or cooked veggies such as peas or broccli
7. Your own thing... I am sure you can think of better ones that what is
   above.  When you do let the rest of us know.

Barb Beck
Barb.Beck@xxxxxxxxxxx
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada