tofu gone bad

How do you know when soft tofu has gone off or has perished? color? smell?, taste?? PC

Tofu really stinks when it goes bad. We regularly feed it to our iguana b'cause of the high calcium content of the firm variety. We usually store opened tofu in the refrig, in its original container, with fresh water poured over it. It seems to last about 5-7 days. Every now and then a block of it spoils, and it smells so foul that my husband begs me to dispose of it for him (the smell makes him sick). With the exception of miso and condiments, anything open for more than 6 days in the fridge makes a good trash or compost candidate. Hope this helps!

D E C K E R
America's Premier Microagency

99 Citizens Drive
Glastonbury, CT 06033