hot fudge cake

I ran across the following in the Jan/Feb issue of Cooking Light.  It is
not exactly health food, but it does go a long way toward  fulfilling
chocolate cravings.  I was pretty skeptical at first about how this
would turn out, but I made it last night and it was incredible: warm,
rich, gooey, chocolatey...

1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tbs. unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups hot water

1. preheat oven to 350f
2. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup and level with a knife.
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in milk and
vanilla extract. Spoon the batter into a 9-inch square baking pan.
Combine brown sugar and 3 tablespoons cocoa, and sprinkle over cake
batter. Pour water over batter (do not stir). Bake at 350f for 40
minutes
or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 servings.

Calories 172 (3% from fat); fat 0.5g; protein 2.2g; carb 40.3g; fiber
0.3g; chol 0mg; iron 1.4mg; sodium 63mg; calc 79mg

enjoy

victoria