Re: pasta substitute

Polenta.  Potatoes.  Nonwheat pasta has a different texture.  You can make
lasagne with matzoh -- wet it lightly to make it softish and layer like
the noodles.  Does he like couscous?  How about bulghur wheat, cracked
wheat or whole other grains?  Kasha.

What are you trying to substitute it IN?  I mean, different things work in
different situations.  Polenta makes great lasagne, I'm told, but couscous
wouldn't work...

-Sandy