MacDougall's

I've been trying recipes from MacDougall's Maximum Weight Loss Book and
have been disappointed.  Some of the breakfasts are so bland or so spicy
(I've got stomach acid problems and cannot take it for breakfast).  The
only thing I've halfway liked are the soups.  What am I doing wrong?  I
don't want to make salads because they don't keep and I despise dressing
so I don't care for salads.  I did make veggie dips, but they're
difficult to take to work for snacks (they don't give me energy for a
workout).  I've been eating a very lowfat diet for over three years now
and cannot understand why I'm not adapting to MacDougall's as most of
you seem to have.

Thanks for any advice.

Meryl