Adzuki Bean Recipes and Cabbage Casserole

Winter Azuki Fried Rice

3 cups cooked brown rice and azuki beans
1 sheet nori, toasted and torn into small pieces
2 Tbsp tan sesame seeds, roasted
1/4 cup onions, diced
1/4 cup squash or pumpkin, diced
1/2 cup scallion or leeks, finely chopped
2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
2 to 3 Tbsp water
tamari soy sauce

Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet. Add the onions and sauté for 1 to 2

minutes. Place the squash or pumpkin and rice on top of the onions. Add
several drops of water and several drops of soy sauce. Cover and reduce
the
flame to low. Steam the rice and vegetables until hot. Remove the cover,

and place the scallions or leeks on top of the rice. Add several more
drops
of soy sauce. Cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes until the scallions or leeks

are tender and bright green. Remove the cover, mix in the sesame seeds,
and
place in a serving dish.

Cabbage Casserole

     1 small head of cabbage, shredded or chopped fine
     1 large jar of favorite spaghetti sauce (or make your own)
     1 cup rice (I used white, but I'm sure that brown would work too,
     though you may need to add more water)
     1 cup water
     1 cup of sliced mushrooms (I'm sure other veggies would work
     too)

In a dry, nonstick skillet "fry" the rice until it's brown in color.
Then put
half of it in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Layer half of the
shredded cabbage on top of it.

Mix the water and the spaghetti sauce and then pour half of it over the
cabbage. Spread half of the mushrooms over this. Then repeat your
layers.

Bake for about an hour in a 350 degree oven.  If the rice is not done,
add another half
cup of water and cook for about 15 more minutes.