RE: Gelatinous chicken soup

I'm way behind on my digests, so I apologize if someone has already
answered Chang Wee Cheng's question about the gelatinous state of his
refrigerated chicken soup. The gelling is caused by the high protein
content of the chicken broth. This wouldn't occur if the soup had a veggie
broth base.

Elsa Kapitan-White <kapitan-white@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Schlumberger Oilfield Marketing Services
225 Schlumberger Drive, Sugar Land, TX 77478
(281)285-7563, fax -8545