Progresso phone call

I spoke with Progresso soups customer service today
(1-800 #). I said my wife, son, and I are vegetarian and were
concerned about the "natural flavors" listed on their soup cans being
pork, chicken, beef, or other animal products. She said that this does
not mean it is a meat flavor, rather it consists of various roots,
herbs, or spices. She stated that any meat products would have to be
listed on the ingredients.

I asked her if it was because of a law requiring it, and she said it
was  because of their parent company, Pillsbury, requires all meat
products to be listed on the label.  Now I can enjoy my tortellini soup
(rennet free) in peace.

I hope this helps clarify and make your quick comfort food a little more
available.

Michael in New Joisey