A book Request and an observation

Hi, I have been in extremely passive lurk mode, but I have a request.

I am looking for a good book on gourmet cooking.  I am interested not just
in the preperation, but in the art of placing on the serving plate, etc.
It would be nice if the book had a vegan bent, but it is not neccesary.  If
anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

For the observation, I am troubled that the first posts I read on this list
after months being away was people complaining about the recipies.  Now
over the years I have seen such dreadful behavior, but it never ceases to
amaze me.  The people who post recipies do it out of the goodness of thier
heart.  Our list mother manages the list for no other reason than to help
others.  Yet there are people who cannot graciously take what is offered,
but must waste bandwidth complaining that the free recipies are not good
enough.  If you want tested recipies, go spend some money or go to the
library.  Eco-Cuisine, Laurel's Kitchen, John Robbins, and Mcdougal all
have commercial books that you can complain about.  I have gotten a lot of
help from this list over the years, and I appreciate it.

BTW, I know this is off topic, and I apologize.  Just wanted to thank the
people who have in past made this one of the best lists on the net.

Ralph

One yea later, I got transfered to the moon
worse pay, better hours
I got transfered to the moon
worse pay, better fellow workers.
-was (not was)