mint

To Joan who was curious as to what to do with mint: We have a lot of it in
our garden at home, and our uncreative-ness leads us to dry it for use as
a spice (you can do this really fast in the microwave).  You could then
crumble and put it into little cheesecloth or muslin bags for tea.

You could use the fresh leaves with regular tea to make iced tea - this is
very refreshing.  A recipe I found (and modified somewhat) in the revised
Moosewood cookbook is tabbouli-like and also uses mint:

Macedonian (? Mediterranean?) Bulger and Lentil Salad:

(sorry I don't know any of the measurements, I don't have the cookbook
with me, but the measurements aren't too important)

1-2 cups cooked lentils
1-2 cups bulgar, cooked by soaking in boiling liquid
1 or more tomatoes, chopped
1 bell pepper
2 or more cloves garlic
1 red onion chopped
1 bunch mint, chopped
1 bunch parsley, chopped
1 bunch fresh dill, chopped (dried is ok)
fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)

Mix together.  Some "naughty" additions are black olives and feta.  Enjoy.

Elizabeth