rusk recipe

Hi Lynne,
I saw your request for rusks.  I first heard of them in the Sundays at
Moosewood cookbook.  You could probably  borrow a copy at your local
library.  They have a good recipe.  I loaned my book to a friend, so I
can't send their recipe.  Here is my own recipe for Spicy Rusks that I made
up based on the Moosewood recipe.  They turned out very well for me.

Spicy Rusks

2 C. whole wheat pastry flour
2 C. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp each: ginger, cinnamon, allspice
	anise, mace, cloves, cardamom

1/2 C. applesauce
1Tbsp Ener-g egg replacer mixed
	with 1/4 cup water
1/2 C. water
1/3 C. honey
1/2 tsp lemon extract

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, wet
ingredients in another.  Mix the two together.  Knead lightly to mix.  Pat
or roll into 1/2 inch thick rectangle.  Cut into rectangles about 2x4
inches.  Place on cookie sheet.  Bake 25 minutes at 400, then for 4 to 8
hours at 200 degrees or until very hard and dry.  Rusks will keep for
weeks.