protein free diet

As far as I know no one should be on a protein free diet.  I am a registered nurse and know that people with serious kidney disease must go on a low protein diet, but not protein free.  Your friend should inquire further?  Was she instructed to go protein free by a physician or was it someone else?  The body must have a certain amount of protein to survive.  Her physician should be the one to instruct her on low protein or a nutritionist where she is being treated.
Brenda in NM