turnips?

As a child, I loved turnips.  Don't know why I haven't had any recently, but I
bought some yesterday. Now what can I do with them more exciting than just
cooking them like a vegetable?

Also I am visiting Huntsville next month and would love to know any good
fatfree (or at least vegetarian) restaurants you could recommend.

And to pay my "dues," here's an old Weightwatchers trick brought up-to-date for
FF:

COTTAGE CHEESE SPREAD

Puree some fat-free cottage cheese (add tiny bit of your favorite sweetening if
you wish) until smooth. Spread on toast and top with any fresh fruit
(blueberries or raspberries are particularly wonderful!).

Riki Darling
Salt Lake City, Utah
rdarling@xxxxxxx