Lentil-spinch quiche

Hi all,

Yesterday I posted a bread base for pies and quiches.  I should have posted
the whole recipe for lentil-spinach quiche I made... doh!  Anyway here it
is now.
Adapted from "Sarah Brown's Vegetarian Cookbook".

LENTIL-SPINACH QUICHE

Base:
Sliced wholemeal bread (amount will vary depending on size of dish used)

Cut crusts off some wholemeal bread slices.  Smear a little butter or oil
spray
on your pie dish (sorry to use the BAD ingredients, but the crusts don't
get crisp
without it and the whole recipe is still VLF).  Then press slices of bread
firmly into
the base, overlapping them to cover the whole base and sides of dish.

Filling:
1 large onion, chopped
1 tsp ground coriander seed
1 tsp ground cumin
175g (6oz) red split lentils
350ml (12 fl oz) boiling water
250g (12 oz) spinach
15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
salt and pepper

Gently fry onions and spices for 3-4 minutes (dry, or with small amount of
water).
Add lentils to pan with the boiling water.  Boil, and then simmer, covered,
for
10-15 minutes until the lentils turn to a stiff puree.
While lentils are cooking, wash the spinach, drain it well and cook it in
it's own
juices in a covered pan for 6-8 minutes until just done (or microwave it).
Drain
and chop.  Mix into the lentils with the lemon juice and seasoning.
Spread the filling over the prepared base.  Cover loosely with foil and
bake for
25-30 minutes until bread crust becomes crispy.
The recipe suggests sprinkling sesame seeds over the top after baking, but
it was fine without these.

Notes:
Adding some cooked whole lentils (not pureed) adds to the texture.
Another option - omit the spinach and use 1 tsp tumeric instead of the
coriander and cumin.  Then add 2 tsp wholegrain mustard and 1 tbsp
peanut butter.
Enjoy!

Cheers,
Robyn