Cornbread recipe <T>

> I love Cornbread. Does anyone have a low fat low calorie recipe?

There must be many in the archives, in the past four or five years
I've seen quite a few posted to the list. Here's one (recently
revised) from my Healing Heart Handbook (Health Communications, Inc.,
1996):

                        Deluxe Cornbread
1 1/4  C  whole wheat flour flour
  3/4  C  corn yellow meal*
  1/8  C  sweetener (sugar can be used)
2      t  baking powder (sodium-free preferred)
  1/2  t  salt
1      C  low-fat plain soy milk or rice milk
  1/2  C  fresh or frozen corn kernels
1      T  EnerG egg replacer with 4 T water
  1/2  C  apple sauce (unsweetened) or prune puree**
Optional spicy version: add chili peppers or hot sauce to taste

Whip egg replacer with water and add liquid ingredients. In a separate
bowl, mix the dry ingredients well. Add dry to wet and stir gently
until evenly distributed, but don't over-mix. Pour in a non-stick pan
(bread-loaf or 8 X 8) and bake in a preheated oven at 400 F. for
20 - 25 minutes. (When a knife blade comes out clean, it's done.)

Microwave directions: Mix wet, mix dry, combine until moistened.
Pour batter into a non-stick 9 inch microwave-safe pie plate or
round cake pan. Cook at high for 5-6 minutes or until the surface
appears dry. If no turntable, rotate each 2 minutes. Let stand 5
minutes before serving.

*  yellow corn contains more phytochemicals/isoflavones that help
prevent heart disease and cancer than white corn

** if using prune puree (Lighter Bake/Wonderthin) reduce sweetener
by half

10 servings, each: 122 calories, 4 percent from fat (0.539 g),
85 percent from carbohydrate (26.9 g), 11 percent from protein
(3.47 g)
---
Neal Pinckney <> Healing Heart Foundation <> Makaha, Hawaii <> AH6HM