Barley

Neil,
I always used hulled barley, you can use it in any recipe that calles for
barley, it may take longer to cook, probably 45 - 60 minutes.  I sometimes
add barley to rice, say 1 1/2 cup brown rice and 1/2 cups barley.  I also
toss a handfull into vegetable soups or chili.  Or you can make a barley
pilaf, sautee some onions, celery and mushrooms in a bit of white wine, add
barley and water or veggie broth.

I think I recall that barley is helpful in lowering cholesterol, maybe it is
the fiber, couldn't hurt!

I checked the fatfree archives and found dozens of recipes calling for
barley.

Enjoy,   Jan Gordon