Stuffed Shells

 I found a cookbook thatreally helped.  It is Jane Brody's Good Food
Cookbook.The first half of the
book discusses nutrition and suggests how to gradually go from meat to no meat
in your diet.  It really worked.  The cookbook is not fatfree, but fairly
lowfat, so your fiance may not notice the transition so much when you do cut
down on the fat later.  Vegetarian cooking can be quite spicy, you just have to
experiment with the flavors.  My husband eats vegetarian(we have done this for
almost 10 years) when we eat at home, but if I am gone over the dinner hour, or
we eat out, he eats meat then.  I do not fix it for him, however, as it makes
me queasy to touch the meat or smell it cooking.
  In regards to the breadmaker....I recently bought one at Walmart for $49.97.
It is a West Bend, 1 1/2 pound capacity.  It has made some wonderful bread.  I
bought the 1 1/2 pound capacity as almost all of the bread mixes are for that
size and any other size you need to make adjustments for.  Those mixes are not
fatfree, however, but I have found some with less than 1 gram per serving.
  Hope this helps.
  I also have a recipe for stuffed shells that uses tofu instead of ricotta
cheese:
  Tofu Stuffed Shells
  1 Pkg. jumbo shells
  1 block reduced fat tofu
  1 cup fatfree mozerella cheese, shredded
  1 jar prepared spaghetti sauce, or your own recipe
Cook the shells as direced.  Mix the tofu and cheese together and stuff each
shell with the mixture.  Place in baking pan seam side down and cover with
sauce. Bake until bubbly.
  Everything is approximate as I just throw it all together.
  Joan in summery Bangor, WI