Tofu Instead of Ricotta

Jan asked about substituting tofu for ricotta in lasagna...

I do this all the time, Jan.  I found the "secret" method in Weight
Watchers' "Versatile Vegetarian" (I think that's the name) cookbook.

First, freeze the tofu (I removed it from the carton first and put it in
Tupperware).

Then, thaw it and drain the liquid.  Next, place it on a plate, covered
with a paper towel, and press it until the rest of the liquid comes
out.  Then, just mash it with a fork and substitute it for ricotta.

Have you seen the fatfree Gardenia brand (I think that's what's in the
fridge...) ricotta?

Looking forward to trying your black bean soup!

catherine "cat" skinner
skinnerc@xxxxxxxx