Wash for non-organic produce

This is my first time to write to the group; I have enjoyed many of your
recipes
and comments, but have not had much to contribute - before now.  It is in
response to Jan Bennicoff's request for wash for non-organic produce.

I use Food Grade 35% Hydrogen Peroxide, and mix it to a 3% solution. Then
I take 1/4 cup of this 3% solution to a sink full of cold water.  Soak
light
vegetables (Lettuce, etc) for 20 minutes; thicker skinned vegetables
(like
cucumbers) for 30 minutes.  Drain and dry.  Some of the produce I wrap in

paper towels and put in plastic bag.  Not only are they clean, but they
keep
longer, too!

If time is a problem, you can spray the vegetables with straight 3%
solution,
let stand for a couple of minutes, rinse and dry.

Aloha!
Birgit Thoresen

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]