RECIPE: Bajan Beans

Here's another successful recipe adapted from Gabe Mirkin's book. Like
all his recipes, this makes a huge amount, but I love it enough that
I'm happy to have extra to freeze.  In fact, I'm eating some right now
that I made last Saturday.

BAJAN BEANS

1 onion, chopped,
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 green pepper, chopped
1 sweet red pepper, chopped
1 habanero chile, diced small
3 cups bouillon
1 (12oz?  smaller than 28oz) can chopped tomatoes
3 zucchini
1 cup brown rice
2 cans small white beans, undrained
1 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

Bring the onion, garlic, green, red and habanero peppers and 1/2 cup
of the bouillon to a boil in a large pot.  Simmer 10 minutes or until
the vegetables are softened.  Add the remaining bouillon, tomatoes,
and rice.  Return to a boil and simmer covered for 15 minutes.  Add
zucchini and simmer 30 more minutes or until rice is tender.  Stir in
the beans, corn, and cilantro and heat through, about 5 minutes.

6-8 servings, freezes well.

------- End of Forwarded Message