Apple - Sweet Potato Casserole

First, thanks to Maralyn for clearing up the fruity brown sauce mystery.
Here is a casserole recipe which I found in the archives that deserves to be
remembered this time of year.  It was very popular at our last Ornish Society
support meeting.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                      Apple - Sweet Potato Casserole

Recipe By     : Lucinda J. Rasmussen / Fat Free Archives
Categories    : Casserole                        Main Dishes

   2      large         sweet potatoes
   2                    baking apples
   2      patties       vegetarian breakfast sausage (Gimme Lean)
   1      12-oz. can    corn -- drained
     1/2  teaspoon      cinnamon
          pinch         nutmeg

Peel, halve and cut sweet potato into 1/2-inch thick slices.  Boil potato
until barely tender.  Meanwhile peel, core, and slice apple into thin slices.
In a non-stick skillet, cook the veg. sausage until well browned and crumbled.
Mix together the cooked sweet potatoes, apples, cooked sausage, corn, cinnamon
and nutmeg.  Transfer to a glass baking dish, cover and bake in a 350 oven
until the apples are tender (about 45 minutes).  Serve hot.

enjoy!
Beryl