Brown Rice Muffins

Title: Fruited Brown Rice Muffins Categories: Muffins Yield: 15 servings
2 1/4 c whole wheat pastry flour
3 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/4 c wheat germ ***** I used 1/4 c oat bran instead
3/4 c raisins
1 c rice or soy milk  *** could substitute apple juice
2 egg whites beaten
3/4 c cooked brown rice
1/4 cup unsweetend applesauce
 Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir in wheat germ (or
oat bran). Add raisins, milk, egg whites, rice, and applesauce and blend
briskly. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full and bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
Makes 15. MMMMM
Nice, Moist Muffins.

Just what we all need ` another muffin recipe.  I just thought that for
those of you with left over rice this might come in handy !!

Stay tuned and stay in touch !!

Lynne Ross

~~ Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's
nut that held it's ground. ~~