vanilla polenta pudding

I just found this on the web and it reminded me of the blueberry
couscous cake. I'm going to try making this one once we finish the
most recent batch of couscous cake.

 From Gordies Recipes.. courtesy of Acapulco.org

                    Sweet Vanilla Polenta

4 cups skim milk
Pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup finely ground cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup strawberry or apricot preserves

Combine the milk and salt in large heavy saucepan.  Bring to a boil
over high heat, then reduce to a simmer.  Slowly add the cornmeal,
stirring constantly and cook, continuing to stir, for 5 - 7 minutes.

Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the sugar and vanilla and allow
the polenta to sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Divide into 6 - 8 dessert
dishes. Spoon preserves in the center of each serving.

Recipe from GAdams1350@xxxxxxx