turnip recipes

Deb wrote:
>Someone gave me a lot of turnips.  I need a vegan recipe to use them.

How about turnip fries?  This idea is from Zoltan Rona's book, "Return to the Joy of Health"

Turnip Fries

Chop the turnip into french-fry strips and (if you wish) lightly coat with oil.  Place on a flat baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.  Bake at 350-375F for 20 minutes.

A spice combination for the fries may be:  dried parsley and basil, salt, a touch of cayenne and sea kelp.  Actually the book suggests putting this mixture on thinly sliced turnip 'rounds', and baking at 400F for 11-14 minutes.

Hope it helps.

Sharon

Sharon McCleave BSc(Hons)Ost.
Reg'd Osteopath

Ontario Osteopathic and Rehabilitation Centre