"salt cake"

What a great idea! I love empanadas and these sound pretty similar.
Unfortunately I've only ever had a recipe for the empanada dough which
contains fat... your dough sounds like a great alternative!!! I stuff my
empanadas with fat free refried beans "sauted" with onions, garlic, and
peppers, with a dash of salsa and whatever spices come to hand (cumin, chili
powder, and oregano usually). I can't wait to try them with your dough --
thanks!!

@}-->---
Barb