College cooking

Hello all-
	I am a senior in high school and my family and I are very concious of
our eating and cooking habits.  I tend to stick to a relatively low fat diet
which I began this past year.  This new way of eating has really helped me
out a lot with keeping my energy up and keeping my weight stable.  The
problem is that at the end of August I am going away to Tulane University in
New Orleans and I will probably not have a kitchen and definately not a large
oven and stove.  Does anyone have any suggestions for getting around such
cooking constraints??  I would appreciate any advice that might help me avoid
that terrible freshman 15 so if anyone knows of anything that might help me
out- please let me know.
Thank you very much!
Sincerely-
Jessica