re: Hummus?

Joanne wrote:

> HI...I have a quick question...the recipe for hummus called for 1 cup dried
> chickpeas and 5 cups water....does anyone know the equivilent for canned
> chickpeas???
>
> Thanks!!  Joanne

I would have responded to this sooner, but I figured someone else would
and I didn't want to be redundant.  Anyway...according to the _Essential
Vegetarian Cookbook_ by Diana Shaw,  1 cup of dried beans=2 1/2 cups
cooked and 1-151/2oz. can of beans=2 cups.  Hope that helps.

--
peace and carrots...

Kristin