Re: bread recipes

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Zoe Sodja wrote:

> I'm beginning to explore the possibility that I may be allergic to wheat.
> Does anyone have any bread machine recipes that don't include wheat? thanks

Check out the archive of the celiac mailing list at:
http://www.fastlane.net/homepages/thodge/archive.shtml

There are lots of bread machine recipes, but many of them are not low fat.

(Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder where gluten destroys the lining
of the small intestine.  Since gluten is found in wheat, rye, barley, and
probably oats, any recipe or food marked gluten free will be wheat free.
If you have a wheat allergy, you could still have rye and oats, and
possibly spelt (which is an older strain of wheat).)

Another site with recipes (although not much in the way of bread recipes)
is from the Allergy and Asthma FAQ at:
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~kupstas/FAQ_recipes.html#GlutenList

And another site with gf recipes:
http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/recipes/

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)