Pectin

Elizabeth wrote:
> As regards pectin and gelatin and other "stuff" as someone
> wrote...How can you have a problem with pectin?  It is in the fruit to
> begin with.

That pectin is in fruit is irrelevant to the yogurt discussion. Sugar is in
fruit as well. But well-made yogurt does not require either one or any other
additive. My "taste-test" has concluded that additives of any kind listed on
the yogurt label is a good sign that the yogurt is not as wonderful as that
made without! So I prefer to buy yogurt with milk and yogurt cultures and no
additives (including no fruit, sugar, pectin, gelatin, etc).

Riki Darling
rdarling@xxxxxxx