Weight gain

I also am a new vegetarian ( since January).
At first, I gained a lot of weight, like ten pounds.
It was because I was eating a lot of cheese  and sauteing in oil ect . I
knew nothing about eating right.
I bought Dr. John  McDougals new cookbook and learned how to  cook with
almost no fat.
Think about what you put on the potatoes, rice and pasta. The sauces can
be very fattening.
I have even learned to change some recipes in regular cookboobs to fat
free.
There are some very good weight loss tips on the fatfree site.
Now I have been loosing about one pound a week.
Pat