Weight loss encouragement

Just responding to recent posts regarding weight loss... I started eating
vlf as part of a New Year's Resolution to strive for an overall healthier
lifestyle. I vowed not to get on the scale, which I haven't done yet, but
the change has been dramatic. Don't be discouraged! I think if you try to
keep your eye (and your mind) off the scale, it won't be such an emotional
rollercoaster (been there). Just have confidence that the changes you have
made will have many more positive effects than just "quick" weight loss.
Also, exercise - like everyone else has said - has made a huge difference in
improving my outlook/motivation. This list and archives are a wealth of
information that helps make such a lifestyle change possible. Hang in there!