healthy restaurants

hello...i know this might be a question that not too many of our
wonderful readers can answer but i am hoping to get a least one reply as
i am sure we have many who live in the northern california area or who
have made trips there as well.

we have to be in the santa cruz/monterey/carmel california area for
several days.  we are not vegetarians per se but our diets are
definitely as fat free as possible.  normally travel presents a real
problem for us as we have real concerns about finding restaurants that
prepare healthy foods/meals.   not knowing an area can make it worse as
to what restaurants are to be avoided and which ones gain the raves.
this will be a very special trip for us and so we want to make sure that
we can find some delicious food as well and enjoy the spectacular
scenery and make this a memorable event all the way around.

that is where we need your kind help.

can anyone who is familiar with the santa cruz/monterey/carmel
california area give us a helpful hint as to where to eat.  like i said,
it only has to be considered heart healthy fare...vegetarian is not
necessary but would definitely be considered.

you don't know how much we appreciate your help!
most sincerely,
nancy and terry
angels are with you...peace
--