Scones

Title: Scones
While I can't speak to Danielle's request on food that is available in
Ireland, I can write a bit about scones. Traditional scones are made with
lots of butter. Often six to 12 sticks of butter can constitute part of a
recipe for a dozen of those tasty tea companions. I also have seen recipes
for scones where the fat is reduced by using non-fat buttermilk in place of
the butter. Additionally, there is a cookbook ("Secrets of No-Fat Baking,"
I believe) that has several zero-fat scone recipes. Since I am at work, I
cannot reference author or recipes at this time.

Hope that this is helpful.
Susan
"a lurker who enjoys the list"