protein snacks for Deborah

Deborah,
Since you said you have a fridge, you can keep tofu khan, or make a similar
product at home by marinating tofu and baking for 45 minutes or so.
Another snack we like is a bean spread.  There are hundreds of versions, the
classic is of course hummus, but we like a white bean spread as well.   I
just use any cooked white bean, puree with as much bean liquid as necessary
for consistency, season with what you like, horseradish, or herbs and
garlic, etc.  This is great on rice cakes, crackers, breads, or use as a
dip.
Jan G