asparagus guacamole

** Tried to post this to fatfree **

Tonight I tried this recipe from the archives, and it is INCREDIBLY good!
And I didn't even do it right -- I left off the green onion because I didn't
have it, I made no attempt to measure the asparagus or the tomato, I used
very old dried garlic, I didn't carefully dry the asparagus, etc.  It was
excellent anyway.  This is a winner!

Enjoy!
Ellen
                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Asparagus Guacamole

Recipe By     : FF archives
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:30
Categories    : Snacks

   1      pound         asparagus spears -- cut 1 inch long
     3/4  cup           water
   2      Tablespoons   nonfat yogurt
   1      Tablespoon    lemon juice
   1      medium        tomato -- seeded and chopped
   2      Tablespoons   green onion -- sliced
   1      teaspoon      ground cumin
   1      clove         garlic -- minced
     1/2  teaspoon      dried oregano
     1/4  teaspoon      salt
     1/4  teaspoon      cayenne pepper

Combine asparagus and water in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high  to medium-low heat. Simmer 8-10 minutes, or until asparagus is  tender. Rinse with cold water; drain. Blot asparagus with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Combine asparagus, yogurt and lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. In a medium mixing bowl, combine asparagus mixture and remaining ingredients. Chill, if desired. Serve with raw veggies or tortilla chips. Makes 12 servings.

NOTES : The asparagus should be about 2 cups, the tomato about 1 cup.
Ellen M. Sentovich
Cadence Berkeley Laboratories	1 510 647-2807 (office)
2001 Addison Street, 3rd floor	1 510 486-0205 (FAX)
Berkeley, CA  94704-1103		ellens@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ellen